Some common skin problems of infants
Majority of newborn babies suffer a skin rash at one time or another and many of those skin rashes are seen to disappear without treatment. But there are many other skin rashes which are accompanied by itchiness, fever as well as other symptoms.
Here we will discuss about some of the most prevalent skin rashes in children.
Rashes with no itching or fever
Milia (blocked oil glands)
It is generally seen in newborn children as they develop small white spots on their face, especially surrounding the nose. These white spots are called milia which are just blocked pores. You don’t need to worry much as they are not itchy or contagious and easily get cured within a few weeks without treatment. Some other harmless skin rashes in babies are known as Erythema toxicum, baby acne, nappy rash. These are cleared up within a few weeks.
Besides these harmless rashes babies also develop some itchy rashes which would require doctors help to cure them completely.
Rashes with itchiness or fever
This type of skin problems cause babies to feel high discomfort as it makes the skin gets dry, itchy and cracked, especially in the creases at elbow and knee area. It can be treated with corticosteroid creams that helps to reduce inflammation, and moisturisers to cure skin dryness. Generally certain types of foods or soaps can trigger thus skin problems in babies.
Ringworm is a mild skin infection that is contagious. This type of skin problem causes ring shaped red rashes with a clear centre. It can appear in almost any part of the body and caused by a fungal infection. Doctors suggest antifungal creams for its treatment.
Babies also develop heat rashes when they get hot in humid atmosphere. This rashes with tiny red bumps or blisters can be extremely itchy.
When to seek doctor’s help
Irrespective of the age it is always necessary to consult a doctor if your baby has skin rashes along with persistent high temperature, swollen neck glands cold or cough symptoms.
Use honey everyday for a glowing skin
Honey is not just used in preparing desserts and breakfasts but it’s also used to get younger looking skin and glowing face. Honey has always been the best ingredient which can be found in every one’s houses. There are several benefits which one can enjoy when honey is consumed internally or applied externally. Honey is rich in antioxidants and also has antibacterial properties. The following are the best ways with which honey can be used on skin on day to day basis.
- Whenever there are acne breakouts, honey is the best remedy that can help you get rid of it. Just dab honey gently over the acne affected area. It can also be mixed with lavender oil or tea tree oil for extra boost.
- Coconut oil when mixed with honey can act as skin cleanser. It helps in removing makeup while acting as a moisturizer.
- If you have dry skin then one can go for a combination of honey with lemon juice and vegetable oil. This mixture can be applied all over the skin like face, neck, hands etc. and leave it for about 10 minutes. After that it can be washed with normal water.
By following these remedies of honey anyone can get a flawless skin without spending huge money on buying chemical products that are available in the market. Based on the type of skin which one has they can go for different combinations of honey with other ingredients that can make a perfect pack, cleanser or moisturizer to your skin. Just by following these honey home remedies for few minutes every day it can now be possible for anyone to get rid of any skin issues like acne, pigmentation, imperfections in skin etc. without damaging your skin.
Benefits of using honey for skin care
Honey is always known to be a wonderful ingredient which we can find in our homes. There are several benefits which we can get for our skin from honey. As honey has natural antibacterial properties it is best to prevent and treat any acne problems that may arise. Honey is fully loaded with lots of antioxidants that slow down the aging process. It also helps in adding glow and boosts skin complexion as its soothing and provides required moisture to the skin. Honey also opens the pores and makes it easy to unclog.
- DIY honey mask: Raw honey when applied as a layer of mask over the skin, it can unclog the pores while providing moisture to the skin. It has to be applied on damp skin and rub in circular motions and leave for 30 minutes. Later can rinse off gently with warm water which makes the skin radiant and soft.
- Spot treatment: Honey is the best treatment for pimples and acne breakouts. Honey can either be used directly over the affected area or can be used in combination with lavender or tea tree oils in order to get the additional natural cleansing effect.
- Cleanser: Honey acts as a wonderful cleanser when it’s been mixed with any of your favorite plant oils or even spices. It has the ability to dissolve deep makeup as well. Honey can be mixed with any of the coconut or jojoba oil to form a balmy texture or can also add turmeric, cinnamon, etc. This can be applied and massaged over face to loosen heavy makeup while moistening the skin.
- Honey exfoliator: 2 parts of honey mixed with 1 part of arm and hammer baking soda can definitely be a great exfoliate for skin which can be used once or twice a week. Baking soda provides light exfoliation while honey smoothens and soothes the skin. It can be applied to the entire body whether it is your arms, feet, legs, etc.
- Honey bath: Usually winters are very dry and make the skin cracked and rough. In such conditions opting for a honey bath can definitely soothe the skin. One can add 2 cups of honey to the running bath in order to create the smooth bliss. After soaking for 15 minutes arm and hammer baking soda can be added for the final 15 minutes which can remove the dead skin cells from the body.
Can remove acne from your skin with honey and look beautiful
Everyone would dream to have a beautiful and acne free skin. Though there are several natural beauty remedies available this is one of the best and favorite ingredients that everyone might love. Honey is 100% natural product that can brighten and soften your skin without causing any kind of side effects. This is a wonderful face cleanser that will remove the dust particles that are over your skin.
- Cleanses pores: Honey is anti-bacterial in nature and that’s the reason why it’s definitely a great face wash. When it is applied over the wet face and rubbed, it removes the deposited debris and dirt from the skin. Don’t apply it near and around the eye area. If you want to remove makeup, can try adding a bit of jojoba or coconut oil which can completely cleanse the skin.
- Treat acne: Honey can be used as a cleanser as it helps by preventing any skin breakouts with its anti- fungal and antibacterial properties. If you have any breakouts honey can be applied and left it over so that it can heal them at a faster rate. Honey also has the ability to remove any kind of blemishes and can work on treating sports as well. Just need to dab a bit of honey over the affected areas and leave it for 10 minutes and can rinse it off with using warm water.
- Exfoliates skin: Honey works as a great cleanser due to its smooth consistency. Generally, it might not be possible to find granular form of honey. But sometimes it can be a perfect exfoliator when combined with baking soda. 1 part of baking soda and 2 parts of honey should be used over the skin. It can be used for 2 times a week for better results.
- Whip up a mask: Honey is also called as a natural humectant which actually means that honey has the ability to add moisture to the skin. When the skin needs hydrating boost then honey is the right ingredient. Honey face mask can be a perfect treatment whether it’s for after effects of using harsh cleansers or cold weather. For this mask you just need 1 ingredient. 1 tablespoon of honey which has to be applied all over the damp skin and let it dry for 20 minutes and then can be washed. It gives an instant nourishment to the skin.
- Fade scars: Honey also contains minute traces of hydrogen peroxide which has skin lightening properties. So, honey can also help in treating skin discoloration especially the hyperpigmentation and the post acne marks. If you want to heal the skin cells then honey can be used after combining with coconut oil. Just take a spoon of honey with 1 spoon of coconut oil and massage into the wet skin in circular motion. Later it can be rinsed off which gives you a flawless skin which naturally looks fresh and beautiful.